5 Good Things About The Moguls in Media Event in NYC
I recently traveled to NYC for a much-needed getaway and let me just say…. It was Awesome! I really had a great time.
Anyone who know me, knows that NYC is my first love ❤️. We go way back, but that’s a story for another time. My purpose for this post is to talk about the great time I had at Moguls in Media networking event. hosted by Moguls in Media founder and Journalist, Darcel Lauren at the WeWork Offices in Bryant Park on Feb 23rd.
My business partner Brandi and I received a warm welcome by energetic greeters as we checked in and entered a room full of smiling faces and the heightened sounds of diverse conversations coming from different directions enjoying Mogul Margaritas courtesy of Star Tenders Bartending School. The wonderful whiff’s of freshly prepared appetizers by Chef Lex wafted through the air as the head-bopping beats coming from DJ Fab Roc in the corner set the atmosphere.
#5 Takeaways from the Moguls in Media Event:
- Come prepared and ready to network. What’s the point of attending an event if you are a wallflower? Werk the room, make connections.
- Appearances matter. Dress the part starting with your outfit, your conversation and your scent. The point is, present your best self. it adds credibility to your brand.
- Actively listen. When at a networking event, listen to someone else other than yourself. Take the time to learn something about another attendee. You may just find something that you have in a common with that person that may lead to a future endeavor.
- It’s okay to fail. You will never grow in your career walk if you don’t face challenges. Failure isn’t a sign of weakness. It is actually an opportunity to strengthen your business muscles. Learn from your faults and revise your plan for success.
- Don’t ever give up. Never say that your ship has sailed. Jump in the lifeboat and keep paddling toward your dreams and passions. As long as you have breath you have time to success and fulfill your purpose.
Stay Tuned for more recap video and audio on this awesome event.